U.S. Army Medical Command Nurse (Clinical/Obstetrics-Gynecology) in Fort Stewart, Georgia
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Stewart, GA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (3 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (3 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Department of Nursing Labor/Delivery Ward Fort Stewart, Georgia.
Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification preferred. If you do not possess this certification, you may be required to obtain it and maintain it.
Coastal living is at its best in Liberty County, with a range of recreational and leisure activities to suit any lifestyle. Fort Stewart is located 42 miles southwest of Savannah, one of America's most picturesque and historically rich cities. With its many jewel-like parks, historic homes, and great places to eat and relax, Savannah welcomes you to the best of the South.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Clinical/Obstetrics-Gynecology), you will:
- Provide specialized and comprehensive antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum nursing care to normal to high-risk obstetric patients.
- Independently determine and implement proper emergency interventions within scope of practice after identifying and interpreting maternal and/or fetal distress and newborns.
- Administer complex medications by any route as ordered within the guidelines of nursing practice.
- Utilize the nursing process to formulate a nursing plan of care relative to patients physiological, psychological, and sociological condition in order to provide ongoing and in depth assessment of patient problems, strengths and limitations.
- Make decisions regarding priorities for patient care for shift assignments and assign duties and delegates patient care to other registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, operating room technicians, and nursing assistants, with consideration of the difficulty and requirements of the assignment and the qualifications and capabilities of the individual.
- Serve as a resource and role model for other maternal/child nurses and health care providers, including experienced and fully trained registered nurses and resident physicians.
- Not Required
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- May include shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Registration: Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment.
- Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing comprehensive obstetrics-gynecological nursing care to patients, coordinating patient care, and providing patient and/or staff education. (GS-09).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
- Education Substitution for Specialized Experience at GS-11:Successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, that is directly related to the work of the position.
Combination of Experience and Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-11: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 36 hours (total semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- These positions require a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- These positions are subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- These positions are Testing Designated Positions (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- If required, applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $60,762.00 to $77,157.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-11/11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453576100
Job Announcement Number: NCMD165943121826919HM