Integer Sr. Lathe Machinist in Fort Wayne, Indiana
The primary purpose of this job is to set up, operate and maintain CNC machine shop equipment to manufacture precision parts to meet Integer and Customer requirements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Adheres to Company Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs set ups and operates CNC 2 axes and CNC Multi axis equipment, including Swiss type multi-spindle lathes and or CNC mills with minimal instruction.
- Makes adjustments and monitors assigned equipment to ensure dimensional part integrity.
- Trains and mentors team members, makes recommendations and communicates observations to management and engineering.
- Responsible for incorporating lean practices in the reduction of scrap and non-value added work.
- Inspects parts visually and dimensionally. Proficient in the use of inspection equipment to assure conformance to requirements.
- Deburrs, buffs or sands parts to meet requirements to print specifications.
- Practices 5S principles on a daily basis
- Troubleshoots and corrects problem in a timely manner.
- Maintains tooling working in very close tolerances. Makes offsets when necessary to conform to print specifications.
- Aware of tool life and guidelines, brings attention to appropriate channels when changes need to occur.
- Completes all applicable documentation for current operations.
- Performs preventative machine maintenance as required.
- Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: 5-7 years machine shop experience in all phases of machining including 5 years of CNC experience or journeymen machinist.
Specialized Knowledge: Proficient in reading, interpreting and understanding blueprints. Ability to work with small precision parts to very close tolerances.
Special Skills: Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Fort Wayne,IN
- Job Type: Skilled Labor - Trades
- Experience: 5 to 7 years
- Date Posted: 5/19/2017