Midwestern University Director - AZ - Podiatric Medicine in Glendale, Arizona
The Midwestern University College of Health Sciences invites applications for the position of Director of the Arizona School of Podiatric Medicine located on the Glendale, Arizona Campus. Successful completion of the four year course of study culminates in the award of the Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree. Highlights of the program include:
- Continued accreditation status awarded by Council on Podiatric Medical Education; next site visit 2019
- Student achievement of a nearly 100% first time pass rate on Part I of the board exams
- Administrative structure including the Director, Associate Director of Clinical Education, Director of Podiatric Postgraduate Education, three staff and 7 faculty FTE
- Foot & Ankle Clinic housed on the MWU Clinical Campus that serves the community while providing valuable clinical experiences for podiatric students
- Basic science didactic curriculum shared with Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Broad range of rotations at clinical sites across the country during the second, third, and fourth years including veteran affairs medical centers, county hospitals, community hospitals, community clinics, busy private practices, and homeless shelters
- Postgraduate Education program that supports continued development of residencies and co-management of affiliated residency programs
- Strong institutional support of faculty research including start-up funds and research incentive grants
- Strong institutional support from service departments including admissions, information technology, media resources, clinical simulation center, and student services
- Centralized Office of Experiential Education responsible for execution of all affiliation agreements as well as verification of student compliance with clinical site requirements
- Highly accomplished faculty that have an average of 12 years of teaching experience and a strong record of scholarly activity, and who serve in key roles on national committees and professional organizations
- A deep commitment to community service characterized by involvement of students and faculty with a wide variety of local and national service organizations plus participation in international medical missions
The Director will have the qualifications for a faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or higher and will report to the Dean.The candidate will hold a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Degree and would be eligible for licensure in Arizona. The successful candidate would be an effective spokesperson for the profession, inspire students and faculty and facilitate excellence in both teaching and scholarship. Demonstrated experience in organization, administration, fiscal management, faculty development and participation in the accreditation process is highly desirable.The salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and the responsibilities of this key position. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Midwestern University is an independent institution of higher education committed to the education of health care professionals. The Glendale campus is located on 155-acres in Glendale, Arizona, 20 miles northwest of Phoenix, and is home to the Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, the College of Pharmacy-Glendale, the College of Dental Medicine-Arizona, Arizona College of Optometry, the College of Veterinary Medicine, and the College of Health Sciences, Glendale campus. The College of Health Sciences includes programs in Biomedical Sciences, Cardiovascular Perfusion, Clinical Psychology, Nurse Anesthesia, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Speech-Language Pathology and the Arizona School of Podiatric Medicine. The University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Interested applicants should complete the application for this position available in employment opportunities at www.midwestern.edu. Questions about this position may be addressed to Dr. Jacquelyn Smith, Dean, College of Health Sciences Glendale campus at 623/572-3600.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: September 27, 2016