Syngenta Production Technician - Glenn CA in Glenn, California
As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative an inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
For more information about us please visit www.syngenta.com
To produce a reliable supply of high quality seed by executing production plant tasks assigned by Plant Management. Organize, perform and lead in assigned departments to ensure all required processes, procedures and production requirements are met. Position will take on several roles based upon field production practices, plant processing requirements and distribution needs. Manage field operations, seed receiving, and conditioning equipment operations to insure that all seed is properly handled and conditioned so the highest quality seed will be packaged to meet sale demands.
• Assist site maintenance manager in making repairs and improvements to plant equipment if requested
• Supervise employees and third party personnel as requested
• Actively support an image that reflects the highest regard for cleanliness and organization
• Monitor all plant equipment and keep in good state of repair through a preventive maintenance schedule
• Ensure all equipment is properly calibrated and routinely inspected
• Active participation in plant upgrade projects and risk analysis
• Minimize downtime through proper Preventative Maintenance program
• Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines. Work in conditioning, treating, packaging, or other areas to meet facility needs
• Responsible for maintaining, documenting, and adherences to established plant procedures
• Responsible for product quality assessments and adherence to product specifications
• All seed picked and transported to specified area is identified accurately and checked against production order
• Fill all orders per production order instructions
• Ensure all clean-downs and changeovers are done correctly to eliminate any product mixture
• Timely and accurate data entry into SAP
• Inventory management and tracking
• Picking and pooling of shipments
• Physical inventory and seed return operations
• Forklift operation
Required Knowledge, experience & capabilities
• Must be High School graduate or have GED degree • General knowledge of computer functions • Ability to operate state of the art conditioning, chemical and packaging equipment • Excellent analytical and deductive reasoning skills • Excellent organizational and communication skills • Ability to work positively and effectively with outside vendors/agencies and internal personnel and departments • Working knowledge of inventory practices
Preferred · Minimum 2 years of seed industry experience preferred · Management experience preferred but not necessary · Ability to be CDL certified preferred · Associate degree in agronomy (or related plant science), Ag. Business is preferred but not required · An Agricultural background is also preferred but not required · Commercial Pesticide Applicators License preferred or ability to get one
Additional information PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Ability to work days, evenings and weekends, including shift work • Must be able to travel by car • Ability to walk fields in all weather conditions and on various types of terrain • Ability to work in cold, hot, and dusty conditions; work with seed treatments • Ability to be on your feet for a majority of the day; frequent standing and walking including climbing stairs and ladders; frequent bending and stooping • Able to wear applicable PPE • Ability to lift 70 lbs. • Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier and computer
OTHER: • Must be eligible to work in the U.S. • Must have a valid driver’s license
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ensure in its respective area of responsibility and in close cooperation and alignment with Legal and Taxes and other expert functions, Syngenta's full compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory framework as well as Syngenta's own legal and ethical, HSE, Corporate Security, Risk Management and Corporate Governance standards.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster - Link ( http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm ) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) poster - Link ( http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm ) Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster - Link ( http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm ).
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job: *Seeds Production
Title: Production Technician - Glenn CA
Requisition ID: 1702259