Festival Foods Baker in Green Bay West, Wisconsin
Job Title: Baker
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Lead Baker/Department Manager
Responsible for working closely with all Bakery associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals are being obtained, and customers’ needs are being met. Contributes to department sales and profitability by effectively assisting in aspects of the Bakery department operations, to include but not limited to: product quality, labor, expenses, stock levels, customer service and team morale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Recipe & Production control
- Recipes and production lists are explicitly followed
- Attention to dates and freshness of every product
- Proper shrink reporting and handling on outdated items
- Ensure high quality standards are met in all items produced
- Adherence to all Health Department guidelines and Festival sanitation practices
2) Cleanliness of Baker prep areas
- All areas and surfaces must be cleaned and sanitized at all times
- Proper glove use with all associates
- Pans, dishes, and other tools are clean and organized
- Keep cooler, freezer, and dry storage areas clean and organized
- Must be food safe certified
3) Watches over items on the sales floor
- Keep an eye on service floor, deciding what potentially needs to be made to ensure proper coverage for the evening
4) Provides customer service to guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for on and off the sales floor
- Take and execute special orders and requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns with prep and kitchen made items, and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
5) Assists Department Manager in other tasks and projects as assigned
6) Required to maintain food safety logs
7) Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Have the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment.
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: ovens, mixers, slicing and packaging machinery, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor and baler usage.
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Stand in one spot for a long period of time, bend stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- Frequently near moving machinery
- Repetitive motion of hands and wrists
The Baker is an hourly position that may be part time (less than 28 hours per week) or full time (38-40 hours per week). The work schedule generally includes mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays, with the flexibility to work evenings or overnight as needed.
Requisition Number: 16-0201
Post Date: 1/31/2017
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 15
Work Hours: 1st Shift
City: Green Bay West