HP Cyber Security Tools Engineer in Guadalajara, Mexico
Cyber Security Tools Engineer
HP has an opportunity available as a Cybersecurity Operations Engineer. The person filling this role will develop, enhance, and integrate open source and commercial tools to assist our team of Cybersecurity Analysts in protecting HP from sophisticated threat actors.
The engineer's primary objective will be to support the HP Cybersecurity Opertations team's information systems. The engineer will be expected to work collaboratively with operations analysts and other Cybersecurity teams to develop, maintain, and integrate in-house and third-party information systems. The engineer may also be required to manage and coordinate the deployment, maintenance, and integration of next-gen host-based endpoint security solutions.
The Cybersecurity Operations Engineer will be expected to design, develop, document, and maintain applications used in the protective, detective, investigative, and knowledge-capture processes, and to contribute to the integration and enhancement of other Cybersecurity applications. These tasks include:
• Develop, support, and maintain solutions in home-grown Python/Java based applications
• Develop, support, and maintain powershell/vb based tools
• Integrating open-source, home-grown, and commercial products and other web application interfaces using mostly REST-based API’s, scripting, or other robust integrations.
• Working collaboratively with Cybersecurity Operations Analysts and other colleagues to architect solutions and troubleshoot issues.
• Addressing support issues for supported application platforms as needed.
• Share techniques and practices with the rest of the team personally and within our wiki.
• May be called upon to assist with operational tasks such as incident monitoring and response, vulnerability remediation, etc.
Skills and Experience:
These experiences are required to be considered for this position:
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems and common applications
• Proficiency working with SQL and databases such as MSSQL, MySql and Postgres
• Knowledge of core infrastructure services such as Active Directory
• Proficiency working with various scripting languages - Python, Powershell, VBScript, BASH, perl, etc.
• Experience with consuming REST-based web services and JSON
• Understanding of core networking concepts (TCP/IP, etc.) and common protocols (HTTP, FTP, etc)
• Experince with public cloud infrastructure services such as AWS, Azure, etc.
• Understanding of security fundamentals and general security technologies
• Strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong organization, prioritization, and rationalization skills.
• Ability to work independantly.
The following experiences and skills are preferred but not necessarily required to be considered for this position:
• Experience with Network/Host Security and/or pen-testing (OSCP)
• Experience with next-gen Endpoint Detection and Response solutions.
• Experience with Splunk, ELK, etc.
• Experience with application architecture, continuous integration, test-driven development
• Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as chef, puppet, salt, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in software/web applications development
• Individual technical Cyber Security Certification through one of the recognized bodies a plus: GIAC/SANS, CEH, etc.
No shift premium (Mexico)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html