Volvo Group Co-op: MRO Coordinator (Spring 2017) in Hagerstown, Maryland
Assignment Length – 5 month assignment (1/9/2017 through 5/12/2017)
Purpose and Contents of the Role
• The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The co-op experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Co-ops are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. The co-op assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
• Process purchase requisitions daily
• Create new material numbers for MRO catalogue
• Assist in updating material Bills of Material in SAP software
• Assist Crib attendants in cycle count program
• Revise Spare Parts catalog material descriptions using standard industry templates.
• Other continuous improvement projects as required.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Applicants must be pursuing Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Engineering/Procurement, Business Administration, or Supply Chain Management at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op.
• Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
• Customer Focus
• Technical Skills
• Peer Relationships
• Integrity and Trust
• Standing Alone
• Action Oriented
Excel, EBD, SAP PM4, Outlook, Word
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses the production of state-of-the-art products for the truck brands of the Volvo Group, as well as Volvo Group engines and transmissions, through an international world class industrial environment.
With Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date