Fairmont Steward - Night Cleaners in Hamilton, Bermuda
Steward - Night CleanersThe main purpose of the job is to maintain a safe, clean and sanitized environment in all kitchens and F&B; outlets, ensuring the highest levels of hygiene as per Fairmont standards.
At Hamilton Princess and Beach Club, our approach to Human Resources begins with selecting the best candidates to join our global team of service professionals committed to turning moments into memories. As a member of our Stewarding team you will share your passion for quality, safety, and service with your team ensuring superior standard for all flatware, tableware and kitchen equipment. Showcase your talents as a Steward Night Cleaner, where your attentiveness and care will ensure exceptional cuisine is prepared in safe and efficient environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Reporting to duty as scheduled in a clean and fresh uniform as per grooming standards
- Act and promote hotel culture and philosophy when dealing with fellow employees and guests. Be respectful and a gentleman with your peers
- Maintain a minimal but sufficient stock of chemicals and supplies for the day. Be aware of cost. Respect the environment
- Check all hand wash sinks are stocked with the necessary supplies as per correct hygiene policies and procedures
- Clean, wash and polish all heavy equipment in any F&B; outlet (dishes, glasses and silver), including stationary equipment such as fryers, ovens, stoves etc, adhering to hygiene and sanitation standards
- Ensure all back of the house machineries are clean and sanitized on a regular basis
- Ensure all back of the house areas are clean and organized at all the times. Return unused equipment to its intended location or store.
- Use caution and correct procedures when mopping the floor as per training module
- Clean stoves, grills, ovens, walls, hoods, floor drains, grease traps and other kitchen equipment
- Sweep, clean and mop entire kitchen areas
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup/receptacle areas and clean garbage cans
- Empty grease barrels and trays
- Ensure complete knowledge of all chemicals and cleaners including their use, proper storage, and handling procedures as well as tools associated with the position
- Observe and adhere to Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, and cleanliness of work environment
- Use and maintain all assigned areas and equipment in a sanitary, safe and effective manner
- Strictly comply with all Health Safety, COSHH and Manual Handling policies. Attend the mandatory training sessions and training is recorded
- Ensure equipment is not blocking fire exits or firefighting equipment and take corrective actions
- Adhere to all hygiene, Health & Safety policies
- Adhere to all Emergency procedures
- Any other function related duties given by chefs or stewarding managers
- The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All team members must realize that fact and be aware that, at all times, it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift, as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent title
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Good communication skills, good level of English is highly desirable
- Outstanding social skills, able to operate successfully in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a diverse team
*Physical Aspects of Position: *Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Must be legally eligible to work and reside in Bermuda.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Bermuda-Hamilton-The Fairmont Hamilton Princess
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 27.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: HAM00587