The Hartford Sr Data Engineer in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Sr Data Engineer
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701141
The Data Science andEngineering team supports Commercial Lines through class plan development,advanced pricing, underwriting research, operations research, marketinganalytics and product innovation. The Analytic Rating Engine (ARE) teamsupports predictive model/class plan development and performance monitoring.
This role will be partof a small, dedicated hybrid business/IT team developing and supportingCommercial Lines data assets. This role involves heavy interaction with thevarious business segments and analytical partners in Actuarial. Inaddition, this role will focus on the implementation of the ARE capability andlead the rollouts.
We seek candidates witha solid data background as well as strong analytical skills, communication andinterpersonal skills, and business acumen.
* Responsibilities: *
The primaryresponsibilities for the position will include the following:
• Perform customer support for current Data Engineering data assets, includingdiagnosis and resolution of data issues.
• Work with business customers to help develop requirements for data structures.
• Perform data analysis and rigorous testing to ensure high quality assets.
• Support development of training materials and perform end-user training toensure a high degree of customer engagement.
• Partner with IT to oversee implementation of work efforts.
• Support documentation, metadata and data visualization of theassets.
• Participate in the development of the implementation plan as a subject matterexpert.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Statistics, Business, Computer Science,Actuarial Science, MIS or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in the P&C insurance industry (Actuarial, Underwriting,Product Management, IT)
Job: Data Engineering