The Computer Merchant, Ltd. Systems Analyst in Hartford, Connecticut
Reference # : 16-02502 Title : Systems Analyst Category: Information Technology
Position Type : Right to Hire Experience Level : 5 Years Start Date / End Date : 10/24/2016 / 06/09/2017
Description The Business Insurance Strategic Work Intake Program is seeking a self-motivated Systems Analyst to work on the strategic systems of one of our largest clients in Hartford, CT. You will be joining a group of dedicated professionals charged with leading our client to be in position to truly change the way the organization does business.
This position will work closely with our business customers and the IT Development Team on our newly built systems team. The Systems Analyst will work in a team environment analyzing business problems, devising solutions, producing documentation, and supporting the software development. This individual will also be expected to work across business user, technical users, and data specialties.
The major roles and responsibilities of this position will include:
• Analyze business needs and processes, and develop detailed features and user stories for changes, enhancements, and new development.
• Research and analyze business problems to determine if systems solutions are advisable and available.
• Determine impacts to workflow and assist in the development of new workflows.
• Support both large enhancements and ongoing system maintenance work simultaneously.
• Support the planning and execution of testing.
• Assist in troubleshooting application issues with the business and development teams.
• Assist and support the definition, development, and implementation of systems-based and non- systems-based solutions.
• Build close working relationships with both business and IT partners.
• Build understanding of the business unit supported.
• Provide management with accurate and timely status information.
• BA/BS in MIS, Computer Science, Communications or related field (GPA of 3.4+ Preferred)
• 5 or more years' experience performing business systems analysis
• Experience with following business analyst competencies:
Requirements management and communication.
• Ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
• Ability to embrace feedback and the desire to further develop skills.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of Kanban/Agile/Lean
• Property / Casualty insurance knowledge.
• Experience with the following business analyst artifacts is preferred:
Building and eliciting requirements in User Story format
Building and eliciting requirements in Feature format
SRD (Systems Requirements Document)
Process Workflow Diagrams
• Ability to support change through collaboration, brainstorming, asking questions, and thinking outside of the box
TCM is an EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer.