Comcast Analyst 4, Software Dev & Engineering in Herndon, Virginia
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for formulating and defining systems and objectives through
research and analysis of functional/business needs of applicable
provisioning and support systems. Participates in software/hardware
releases, rigorous testings, installation tasks, and supports
implementation planning and other operational preparations. Devises or
modifies procedures to solve complex systems problems. Integrates
knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key
contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
- Works with Software Developers and collaborates on cross-functional
teams in software design and development. Assesses and revises test
sequence and scope based upon test results and/or changes in product
design. Coordinates component, system, and documentation testing with
the appropriate technical groups and leadership teams.
- Works with business partners and engineering leads to identify the
appropriate data for testing and prepares that data for the test cases.
Collaborates with Software Engineers and Data Configuration Analysts to
negotiate and define data solutions
- Reviews proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data, and
preparing project overviews which compare alternatives in terms of cost,
time, availability of equipment and personnel, etc. Recommends course
of action. Writes detailed business requirements and translates into
system requirements to present solutions to other team members and
- Serves as an SME on custom software systems and guides consumers on
best preactices and guideline on Systems integrations. Analyzes and
revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as
- Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which
software will be written.
- Interacts with end users to gather requirements and scope of effort.
Performs analysis of user needs, documentation of requirements, and
translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related systems and
predicts impact of a change in an assigned system.
- Functions as a liaison between the client, community, and internal
Software Engineers and/or external software vendors to develop system
solutions for processing systems or business problems.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application
- Supports the testing team and business users in validating that the
systems meet the requirements. Participates in unit, integration, and
test procedures. Compares test results against requirements to validate
that coding is accurate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer