ASML A&E Manager / Architecture and Engineering Manager in Hillsboro, Oregon
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
Own, contribute and drive site readiness, process improvements, and organizational improvement projects on behalf of the CS organization to drive the introduction of ASML products.
The A & E / Architecture and Engineering Manager will be the primary point of contact to internal and external customers regarding the customer facilities required to support ASML products (DUV, EUV, & Metrology). They will also be the single point of contact to all internal organizations that provide information to the customer or need information from the customer regarding support facilities. Primary deliverables include arranging the delivery of the ASML Requirement packages, system upgrade/FCO facility requirements, feedback to internal customers regarding facility needs/capabilities, and support the interpretation of customer design data internally.
- Manage all communication with the customer
- Drive customer needs internally
- Manage customer expectations
- Find alternative solutions that meet customer needs while simultaneously meeting ASML business requirements
Plan and Prioritize:
Creates and uses detailed project plan (deliverables, why, who, when, how, what)
Clearly defines deliverables for project members
Defines clear and quantifiable priorities Manage Project Structure:
Is able to identify resources needed for proper project delivery and escalates when not available
Is able to make planning based on available resources
Is able to challenge the assignment and agree on SMART deliverables
Manage project meetings
Has regular progress reporting to stakeholders / sponsors / project team
Understands proper escalation paths and solve basic road blocks Delegate and Follow Up:
Allocates work and appoints owners to logical "buckets" of deliverables in line with team structure Manage Risks and Customer Requirements:
Is able to assess and address risk based on input project members
Is able to understand operational risks within own scope
Bachelors’ degree in an Engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical, or Structural.
Bachelors' or Masters' Degree in Architectural Engineering highly preferred!
Masters’ Degree highly preferred.
PMP Certification helpful but no necessary
- 5-10 Architectural and Engineering experience working with challenging, highly technical, large budget projects with a lot of moving parts.
- Semiconductor or similar complex technologies experience required
- Detailed understanding of Semiconductor FAB facilities would be advantageous.
- Fluent in reading and accurately interpreting technical, facilities drawings and blueprints.
- Exemplary Account Management skills with highly advanced experience interfacing with customers as well as being adept at utilizing diplomacy, direct and clear communication.
- Experience developing strategies to address controversial topics with customers.
- Excellent written and verbal and listening communications skills.
- Able to independently create and deliver customer ready presentations.
- Willing to work within a clean room and all supporting areas.
- Professional, with excellent written, verbal and listening communications skills.
- Ability to remain level-headed and objective under customer scrutiny and tight deadlines.
- Able to convince, inspire and motivate people.
- Possess the ability to lead multiple interdisciplinary teams to manage the project execution.
- Able to manage project structure using project management tools, delegate tasks and follow up.
- Must able to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to embrace changing work schedules based on project stage and customer needs.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Frequent travel to the customer site
Able to work in a clean room
The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. May require travel dependent on company needs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work well under deadlines. The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level. Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents. Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work. Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
Location: Hillsboro - OR, US
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-09-15
Functional area: Industrial Engineering
Background: Others - Technical