Festival Foods Bakery Clerk in Holmen, Wisconsin
Job Title: Bakery Clerk
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Bakery Manager
Maintains stock levels in the bakery department by replenishing products as needed. Execute the boomerang theory by providing exceptional customer service to guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Packages prepared products.
- Reduces shrink by using the appropriate packaging and filling each package with the correct quantity of product
- Ensures accurate pricing by placing the corresponding price and ingredient labels on each package
- Fills, rotates, and removes products from the sales floor.
- Identifies which products are at an unacceptable stock level and replenishes them with available supply
- Maintains freshness by filling newer products to the back/bottom of the display and ensuring that closer dated products are sold first, as well as removing products that are outdated, stale, or otherwise unacceptable to make available for sale
Required to help other areas of the Bakery department when assistance is needed.
Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed.
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
Required to maintain food safety logs
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Frequently near moving machinery.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
The Bakery Clerk is an hourly position that is part-time (less than 28 hours per week). The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability
Requisition Number: 16-2512
Post Date: 11/9/2016
Title: Bakery Clerk
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 05
Work Hours: 1st Shift