Alsco Inc Maintenance Worker in Honolulu, Hawaii
Description Classification Non-Exempt
Job Summary The Maintenance Worker is responsible for regular preventative maintenance of large industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Assists the Maintenance Technician and/or Chief Engineer as required. This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
Performs basic maintenance duties, including monitoring oil levels and performing regular preventative maintenance of grease fittings, lint traps, shaker screen barrels, limited electrical troubleshooting.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Assists in problem resolution in an effort to minimize equipment downtime.
Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes
Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks as directed by supervision.
Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or other safety violations.
Demonstrate adequate mechanical aptitude.
Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time management and team member skills.
Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement. Education
High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
Typical Physical Activity
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, kneeling, working in confined areas, reaching overhead, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs, lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs, reading, writing, speaking, hearing.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint and dust, in general offices or on outside grounds.
- Occasionally, such as to procure parts.
The Maintenance Worker must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Requisition Number: 16-2616
Post Date: 10/6/2016
Posting Expiration Date: 10/28/2016
Title: Maintenance Worker
Address: 2771 Waiwai Loop