Alsco Inc Shuttle Driver in Honolulu, Hawaii
Description Classification: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The CDL Shuttle Driver operates a semi tractor trailer vehicle for the loading and delivery of products from a processing facility to Service Centers or Depots, loading product there and returning back to the processing facility on the same shift, with possible multiple trips in a shift. Reports to Service supervision. Essential Functions:
Load and unload product on the shuttle vehicle in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
Verify product requirements for each trip, secure products and shuttle vehicle, pick up and/or deliver office security bags, and fill out paperwork accurately.
Safely operate the shuttle vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy.
Follow instructions and perform other related tasks as directed by supervision.
- May occasionally work with and support other service personnel as required by supervision.
Have and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Have and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or safety -violations.
Demonstrate excellent skills in the operation of commercial vehicles and have a verifiable minimum one year experience of safe and successful commercial driving.
Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction and good time management skills.
Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Inside a commercial vehicle, inside and outside loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Every shift by commercial vehicle Education: High School graduation or similar experience and qualify to hold a CDL.
Typical Physical Activity:
Physical Demands consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, reaching overhead, driving, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, reading, speaking, hearing and lifting up to 75 lbs.
Physical requirements consist of being able to perform the physical demands during shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Requisition Number: 16-2666
Post Date: 10/12/2016
Posting Expiration Date: 11/11/2016
Title: Shuttle Driver
Address: 2771 Waiwai Loop