Honeywell Technical Support Specialist in Horsham, United Kingdom
Participate in Technical Support ‘on call’ rota supporting daily incoming calls and emails into the department, work with colleagues to maintain adequate cover throughout each day.
- Manage own call list for open calls, regularly updating progress and ensuring resolution of issues before closure.
- Maintain awareness of open calls, ensuring that where necessary escalation is made to Senior Technical Support team for management of sensitive commercial or complex technical issue
- Efficient management of time to ensure resolution or escalation of customer issues in effective timeframes, where additional time is required ensure full accountability for requirement is discussed with manager.
- Support of international Technical Support colleagues through call escalation process, proactively looking for opportunities to up skill international colleagues
- Carryout customer site visits to resolve, support customers through their technical issues.
- Creation of and distribution of structured Trend technical documents, to both internal and external customers - i.e. Trend Confidential, Dr T
- Resolve customer’s hardware and software problems that arise from mainstream applications including 3rd party operating applications.
- Escalation of Trend product/system issues to R&D department by utilisation of internal product issues procedures – i.e. Trend Product Issues Escalation and MOSCOW databases
- Provide technical support to Trend international customers, when required assist in local resolution of these issues.
- Participate and contribute to team meetings and other company meetings across the Honeywell organisation
Where required support of Trend’s New Product Introduction though BETA introduction programmes
An understanding of Trend products and services.
- Awareness of 3rd party systems, i.e. BacNET, OPC, etc
- Awareness of Niagara AX beneficial
- Experience with Electrical products desirable
- Experience of working in a Technical Support or customer facing environment
- Highly self-motivated and passionate.
- Clear customer focus.
- Commercially aware and the ability to understand changes in customers needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Excellent Technical and IT skills.
Job: *Customer/Product Support
Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: GBR-W SUSX-Horsham
Requisition ID: 00330968