YMCA of Greater Houston After School Site Lead II in Houston, Texas
Provides direction for the program and staff and implements school age enrichment program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring, and faith.
1. Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
3. Supervises the children, staff, program area and all activities.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
5. Conducts parent conferences, maintains communication with parents and engages parents as volunteers.
6. Facilitates both formal and informal play within the center and outdoors.
7. Maintains the program site and equipment, assists with the set-up and breakdown of activity centers and cleaning of the program area.
8. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
9. Maintains required program records.
10.Acts as a role model to the children and staff by exemplifying the YMCA’s five core values.
11.Makes sound decisions in alignment with YMCA and state standards.
12.Maintains positive relations with children, parents, school personnel, and other staff.
13.Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. At least 21 years of age.
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention trainings.
4. 6 months previous experience in licensed childcare program or similar setting required.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
6. Previous experience with diverse populations.
7. Must meet Site Director qualifications as stated in the Minimum Standards (#744.1047) under TDPRS.
8. Current record of tuberculosis examination and/or current local health department regulations, examinations, and/or immunization as required by the local or State Department of Health.
Posting ID 79639890459
Job Category Child Care-Before/After School