Mattress Firm Cafeteria Manager in Houston, Texas
First Open Date:
Responsible for planning, managing, monitoring, supervising and providing assistance in the provisioning, operation, and functions of a smaller food service facility (cafeteria) with a staff serving, breakfast and lunch with additional ala carte sales.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Plan, coordinate, assign, oversee and participate as required in the preparation, cooking and serving of food; preparing and maintaining necessary records and files.
• Identify problems and suggest changes in methods and procedures.
• Open kitchen, set up equipment, prepare cafeteria for serving.
• Train personnel in operational procedures.
• Maintain accurate food service records.
• Maintain consistency in food preparation and service to students and school employees.
• Prepare equipment for food preparation and monitor refrigeration equipment.
• Order cafeteria supplies and prepare food orders as needed.
• Prepare foods as needed; prepare USDA inventory and production records.
• Set up monies for cash registers.
• Count and balance cash received; prepare deposit and deposits monies in bank.
• Prepare work details for next day; secure kitchen for next day and when not in use.
• Supervise cleaning and sanitizing of eating utensils, counters and equipment.
• Compile reports, bills, deposit slips and cash register reports.
• Receive, check and sign for food delivered to school, prepare work schedule, keep time sheets.
• Prepare food production reports, prepare roster sheets.
• Coordinate efforts with school staff, faculty and support personnel, which include
(delivery, maintenance, security, custodial).
• Attend meetings.
• Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: General knowledge of the preparation, cooking and serving of food in large quantities; general knowledge of food quality and values: some knowledge of special dietary requirements; general knowledge of the practices used in receiving and storing food in large quantities; general knowledge of kitchen sanitation and safety measures used in food handling and in the operation, cleaning and care of utensils, equipment and work area; ability to supervise the work of others; ability to prepare reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, students and school staff; able to maintain emotional control; the ability to work with others in a close fast paced environment and the ability to address customers and staff in a pleasant, courteous manner; must be organized and be able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and correctly complete reports and documents in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED and a valid sanitation certification issued by the local health department required. Must have successfully completed the manager training class and successfully performed responsibilities while training as an on the job manager. Considerable experience in school food services or other food service.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Some walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time and withstand heat.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.