Northwell Health Dietitian - Registered in Huntington, New York
Req Number 00131E
Job Category Dietetics
Interviews patient and/or family for nutritional history.
Obtains patient food preferences.
Assesses patients and documents in patients’ medical record, according to hospital policies and procedures.
4. Recommends nutrition care plans to medical staff for review and consideration.
- Recommends therapeutic diet modifications and/or supplemental feedings to physicians for patients.
6. Ensures accuracy of diet order received by checking against physician’s order.
Calculates nutrient content of tube feeding, TPN/PPN, and dietary intakes (calorie counts) as ordered by physicians.
Provides nutritional guidance and counseling to patients and their families. Provides written material as needed and according to prescribed diet.
Participates in Project Improvement projects; assists in data collection and reporting results.
Reports any malfunctioning of equipment which may interfere with a safe and smooth operation.
Assists in overseeing food service workers in proper food handing and portion control.
Assists Chief Clinical Dietitian with changes to the patient’s menu, including patient food preferences, the development of standardized recipes, and overseeing food service workers in proper food handing and portion control.
Performs related duties, as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food, Nutrition or Dietetics, required.
· Registered Dietitian, required.
· Active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, preferred.