Northrop Grumman Manager, Programs 3 in Huntsville, Alabama
Manager, Programs 3
Requisition ID: 17012058
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Program Manager for a FMS program. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL. The ideal candidate will be responsible for directing all phases of the program from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer liaison for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Works with the customer to understand their needs and ensure the mission is completed. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Bachelor’s degree in a managerial discipline or certification as a Program Management professional from either the Program Management Institute (PMI) or the Army Acquisition Corps (Certification of Level III in Program Management).
• 15 years maintenance management and/or program management experience
• Experience working in/with PEO Aviation, PM Fixed Wing, INSCOM & PEO IEW&S
• Ability to effectively brief the government customer
• Experience with running a P&L and budget
• FAA certified Part 145 Operations
• Experience with Operations under DCMA Instruction 8210.1 Contractor’s Flight and Ground Operation
• Understanding of the Army’s AWR Process
• Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Acquisition Regulations, Army Federal Acquisition Regulations, Federal Aviation Regulations, and Defense Logistics Manual (DLAM 8210.1) and Army Aviation maintenance management.
• Active Secret Security Clearance
• Master’s degree preferably in Management or Operations
• Experience with previous OCONUS FOB Deployments
• Strong working relationship with PM Fixed Wing
• 5 years directly managing aircraft maintenance operations.
• Special Ops background
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Manager, Programs 3
Requisition ID: 17012058