Google Manager, Trust and Safety in Hyderabad, India
Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As a Manager in Trust and Safety, you will lead a team responsible for protecting Google’s users from abuse and fraud while ensuring trust and improving Google’s reputation. You are a strategic leader who possesses the ability to work globally and cross-functionally with several internal stakeholders through effective relationship building, influence, and communication skills. You demonstrate analytical thinking through data-driven decisions, and the technical know-how, charisma, and have the ability to work with your team to provide leadership to do what it takes to get things done in order to make a difference.
- Develop overall strategy and vision to fight fraud, abuse, and spam.
- Transform current workflows to be more scalable while driving efficiency and automation.
- Increase effectiveness of strategy by identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement through people and tools/technology.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Engineering, Product and Legal) to achieve your team’s overall vision.
- Work as part of a broader product quality operations management team with regards to strategy, process improvement, people development and technology implementation.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent practical experience.
- Master's of Technology or MBA degree.
- 8 years of industry experience in one of the following areas: internet technology, online search, eCommerce, online payments or online advertising/publishing, policy enforcement/user trust/risk/fraud investigation/product abuse.
- 4 years of experience in people management. Experience in leading, mentoring, and motivating large operations teams. Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with and managing semi-technical operational teams with the expertise to leverage technology to achieve business goals.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with capability to process high amount of data to drive business strategies and decisions.
- Strong process/project management, prioritization, and multi-tasking capabilities.