Graybar Quotations Specialist in Indianapolis, Indiana
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Purpose Assist Sales Representatives, Customer Service Representatives and other employees by providing customer quotations that result in profitable sales revenue to the Company. Support the overall Branch sales strategy through efficient and timely responses to internal and external customers.
- Prepare cost estimates of materials requested by Sales, Customer Service Representatives, Stock Maintenance, and others.
- Compile/organize bills of material, utilizing knowledge of products to be manufactured and available service solutions; compare competing manufacturers' bills of material to determine the best solution for a customer.
- Itemize tools, fixtures, or equipment to be manufactured by the Company or purchased from outside sources.
- Contact manufacturers directly or through local representatives to obtain best cost information.
- Compute cost and price estimates for materials using a variety of criteria, such as inventory availability, competitive position, price validity, and other logistical considerations (freight, handling, staging, etc); compute cost estimates for price escalation or abnormal freight charges.
- Maintain accurate paperwork and job files to facilitate smooth transition to other departments.
- Correlate all cost information within time frame of bid date and time needed by contractors and sales employees.
- Assist others in Quotation Department in price quoting.
- Maintain department files.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements _Minimum Job Requirements
Minimum of 3 years experience required: Experience in a similar role with strong business and social skills High school diploma or GED required
_Preferred Job Requirements
4-5 years experience preferred: Previous quotation experience in the electrical distribution industry working with little supervision or direction Four-year degree preferred
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Knowledge * Knowledge of product line and pricing mechanics preferred * Knowledge of SAP programs used to support the Quotations process * Knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to understand and work with formulas and formats submitted by customer * Knowledge of electrical distribution industry * Knowledge of manufacturer product lines preferred Skills * Mathematical skills with the ability to perform basic calculations accurately and quickly * Organizational and time management skills * Oral and written communication skills * Computer skills Abilities * Ability to deal with customers and factory representatives to obtain pricing information and cooperation * Ability to multitask to meet project deadlines * Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization * Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers through multiple means such as email, telephone, and in-person discussions *Working Conditions
Traditional office environment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Quotations Specialist