Allergan Director IT R&D Clinical in Irvine, California
Director IT R&D Clinical
Irvine, California, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/746/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Oct 04, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Under general direction, manages, plans and directs the work activities for all clinical and biostatistics information systems in support of the research & development groups, including systems support, instilling an operation excellence framework, ensuring the appropriate monitoring and communication necessary to sustain a robust clinical organization and the ability to map future strategy from an operational base.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
Manage the strategic working relationships between Information Technology for research & development functions within the organization.
· Manages business relationship with business processes and IT portfolio products and recommends solutions to meet business drivers and challenges.
· Plans and coordinates the evaluation and effectiveness of existing data processing applications for R&D and the feasibility and potential value of new applications. Develops short and long range plans for the acquisition and implementation of new equipment and techniques.
Eight (8) – Ten (10) years Information Technology experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· R&D clinical development processes, practices, management and trial execution.
· Principles of supervision and training.
· Techniques of recruitment, interviewing, and selecting applicants for employment.
· Design and development of business applications.
· Maintenance and administration of computer systems.
· Principles of budget preparation and administration, including operational and project finances
· Current Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
· Computer systems and software applications SDLC, validation and quality best practices
Responding immediately to department needs and/or emergencies.
· Responding to common inquiries, complaints, conflict/resolution situations from subordinates or other employees in the work area.
· Planning, recommending and implementing goals, objectives and practices for providing effective and efficient Corporate Communication programs and services.
· Handling multiple projects, duties and assignments.
· Assimilating information from a variety of sources, analyzing information, and recommending courses of action to be taken.
· Analyzing and troubleshooting problems; identifying solutions; and recommending and implementing methods, procedures and techniques for resolution.
· Directing, supervising, coordinating and delegating assignments, and reviewing the work of assigned department personnel.
· Administering personnel policies, practices and procedures; and assuring confidentiality of proprietary, financial and personnel information.
· Leadership, supervision, team building, and training practices and methods.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university