Duke Realty PreConstruction Manager-Commercial Construction in Irvine, California
Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with industrial, office and medical office properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for a Preconstruction Manager of to join construction team in Irvine, CA. The Preconstruction Manager will be responsible for managing the design/build process, and conceptual estimating of Industrial product. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. Responsibilities will also include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Responsible for managing multiple individual projects from concept through bidding, design, and subcontract bidding of projects.
• Assist with business development and proposal responses as required.
• Assemble necessary consultants and contractors and prepare budget estimates and scopes of work that meet the client needs.
• Prepare complete construction cost estimates in the format outlined by the Director of Design & Construction.
• Lead and manage the entire design phase of the project, including awarding design subcontracts and design meetings, once project is approved.
• Prepare bid packages and obtain subcontractor bids in conjunction with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
• Assist with Project Management of project as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Project Mgmt-Construction (Advanced)
Conceptual Design (Advanced)
Bachelors Degree (Civil/Const Engineering)
5 years: Estimating experience in construction. Prefer development and/or GC experience.