Verizon Wireless Business Account Manager Govt in Irving, Texas
We believe in the power of technology to solve just about anything. And we've put our sharpest minds to the task. Whatever your passion and expertise, when you join Verizon, you'll find a sales team determined to change the world and empower our customers to do the same. You'll tackle challenges that will continually spark your intellect, fuel your passion and drive your professional growth. And we'll provide you with robust training opportunities and outstanding benefits. So you're always supported to realize your goals.
Join us, and create an inspiring career with the company that meets every day with one question: "What do we want to build next?"
As a Government Account Executive at Verizon, you'll play a key role in driving the success of a world-class leader in the technology industry. With your robust business and sales expertise combined with your passion for technology, you'll deliver innovative solutions and ensure a superior customer experience for government agencies. Whether you're prospecting new business or managing and growing existing accounts, you'll continuously develop strategic relationships, negotiate and close sales with State, Local, and Federal agencies, and provide groundbreaking solutions to drive their business—and ours—forward. Together, we'll expand our reach, strengthen our impact, and change the world through powerful technology.
With a deep product expertise and a rich understanding of our solutions, you'll:
• Continuously seek out new growth opportunities within existing accounts
• Provide ongoing high-quality customer support, analyzing customer needs and recommending innovative solutions
• Negotiate and close sales, including contract management and completion
• Write proposals and respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs)
• Provide follow-up training for new business customers
• Utilize sales force automation, funnel management, and prospecting tools
• Generate forecasting and tracking reports
• Attend training to keep up with company products, market, and industry trends
A 2-year degree, or at least 2 years of relevant business sales experience including cold calling
• A 4-year degree, 3-5 years of experience with solutions-based selling in a commissions-based sales environment, and a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
• Familiarity with selling to State, Local, and Federal agencies
Additionally, the following skills and attributes will be integral to your success:
• Excellent communication and customer interaction skills, with professional experience hunting for new business, negotiating, and closing sales
• A passion for technology
• Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Outgoing, resourceful, and motivated to learn
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.