Abbott Quality Professional in Irving, United States
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Job Function
Conduct quality-related activities to deliver consistent; high quality documents; services; products and processes; which adds value to the business.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
1. General - Contributes to defining and timely achievement of overall project goals. Provides compliant solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Interacts constructively with employees; managers and cross-functional peers. May lead a project with a limited scope; but usually a contributor on broader projects. Provides guidance to other Professionals and Technicians. Scope typically limited to one specific QA function.
2. Quality System Compliance -Maintains awareness of standards that regulate our industry. Ensures compliance to site level policies and procedures by promptly reporting non-compliance issues to management within Division and Corporation as appropriate. Maintains vigilance to ensure adherence to Quality Policy and Quality system procedures by promptly reporting noncompliance issues to management.
3. Risk Management - Applies basic Risk Management principles to work. Participates in the development or modification of Risk Management files.
4. Complaint Evaluation - Investigates complex complaints with management oversight. Provides compliant solutions to a variety of complex problems. Ensures compliant documentation related to area of responsibility.
5. Design Control / Documentation & Change Control - Identifies areas for process improvement. Provides supporting information for change including reasons and justifications.
6. Quality Engineering - Coordinates quality decisions between different quality and engineering groups. Participates in the development or modification of validation packages; design plans; and risk management deliverables (e.g. FMEAs). Team member helping and interfacing with suppliers to deliver product meeting our quality requirements.
Position Accountability / Scope
Receives general direction and exercises considerable discretion to own work detail. Recommends possible solutions.
Ensures compliant documentation; carrying out tasks related to area of responsibility with management oversight.
Decisions may have short and long term impact.
Apprenticeship or Bachelor’s degree in Life Science; Engineering; or closely related discipline is required OR relevant combination of education or experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
At least 3 years work experience in Quality or related field experience; Less experience may be appropriate with advanced degree.
Demonstrates understanding of how their function supports the business. Demonstrates technical and business competencies that drive results and continuous improvement.
JOB FAMILY: Quality Assurance
DIVISION: ADD Diagnostics
LOCATION: United States >Irving : LC-02
WORK SHIFT: Standard
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: No
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.