Family and Children's Services of Ithaca Clinician in Ithaca, New York
A Community Based Clinician (Full time, 37.5 hours/ week) is currently available in the
Youth and Outreach Department at Family & Children's Services.
This position serves two programs in the Youth and Outreach Department. In the Children's Crisis Outreach Program, the clinician provides short-term crisis counseling services to children, adolescents and their families. In the KINECT program, the clinician provides clinical case management, advocacy, and brief family therapy to kinship caregivers raising relative children. Clinicians carry a low caseload (10-12 families) to allow for flexibility, community based work, and intensive collaboration with families. Services are provided in the community, in homes, and in an out-patient setting.
The clinician must possess a Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related mental health discipline that included a clinical field placement with supervision. The clinician must be eligible for a New York State license. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, adolescents and their families. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build rapport with clientele who are diverse in their race, culture, religion, economic resources, sexual orientation, gender identity, and abilities. A vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Tompkins County is a requirement of the position.
* Provides clinical services including assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, crisis intervention and ongoing treatment.
* Active participant in the leadership of clinical specialty programs which may include:
o Participating in relevant community groups, meetings.
o Participating in grant writing, reporting activities.
* Responds to a range of clients' needs using differential diagnoses, appropriate treatment modalities, and a variety of intervention methods.
* Demonstrates understanding of sound ethical practice in conjunction with the established and defined ethics of one's training and discipline.
* Collaborates effectively with agency staff on behalf of clients.
* Works collaboratively with other community agencies on behalf of clients and/or the agency.
* Participates in regularly scheduled clinical supervision, peer supervision, and staff meetings.
* Maintains clinical records in accordance with insurance regulations and established clinic policies and procedures and in timely compliance with agency policies and procedures.
* Complies with clinical productivity standards.
* Effectively organizes time and responsibilities.
* Participates in rotating backup clinical support via on-call phone rotation schedule.
* Assumes all responsibilities of a mandated reporter.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Marisa Matsudaira, LCSW,
Family & Children's Service of Ithaca,
127 W. State Street,
Ithaca, NY 14850.