Fairmont Manager Sales,Mumbai in Jaipur, India
* Manager Sales-Mumbai*Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
A leader in the global hotel industry, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts offers guests an extraordinary collection of iconic luxury properties, including New York’s The Plaza, Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel and London’s The Savoy. We are proud to extend this tradition of hospitality to our first destination in India, the exquisite Fairmont Jaipur opening on 9th August 2012.
As the stunning capital of the Indian state of Rajasthan, Jaipur—known as the ‘Pink City’—beckons with a host of wonderful attractions, from breathtaking architecture to lush greenery to bustling avenues. Embracing this rich and colourful setting is Fairmont Jaipur, a modern landmark built in the tradition of the region’s grand Mughal palaces. Amid pristine gardens and elegant water features, the hotel offers 199 spacious, beautifully appointed guest rooms—featuring traditional decor, large bathrooms and the utmost in luxurious details. Adding to the conveniences the hotel also includes a selection of exclusive restaurants- Zoya for international cuisine, the Tea lounge Anjum, that brings a new dimension of service in the fine art of tea tasting, library bar Aza and the Cigar Diwan, (60,000 square feet) of conference space, the largest in the region. With Fairmont Jaipur, we are excited to introduce a new audience to the understated elegance, hallmark service and unforgettable experiences that have long captivated our discerning guests, the world over.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
Solicit group, transient and/or banquet business through action plan preparation and execution
Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts
Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations
Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications
Work closely with Catering and Front Office to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and guests depart satisfied
Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
Follow departmental policies and procedures
Follow all safety policies
Ensure all “group” enquiries/proposals are turned around within 24 hrs. to clients.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethic and attitude towards client and colleagues as an ambassador of Fairmont Jaipur.
- Prepare monthly and review account managers “Hit list” of competitor key accounts as part of key objectives to convert these accounts to Fairmont Jaipur.
- Review on monthly basis profile of Corporate & MICE accounts database based on room night production, average rate to ensure accounts are achieving room night production requirements.
- Recommend and prepare master list of yearly sales blitz requirements for the hotel based on meetings and events rate offers within local market and nearby feeder markets.
- Follow through from initial negotiations thru departure and to be the co-ordination contact for of all business signed on at Fairmont Jaipur.
- Develop Creative Themes events from time to time together with Director of Sales, Assistant Director of Sales for potential customer’s request.
- Ensure the hotels rates structure is adhered to at all times.
- Monitor competitor market conditions including rates, average rates and account movements on an ongoing basis to ensure the hotel maintains its competitive edge.
- Maximize up selling opportunities whenever possible.
- Participate in development of marketing plan, sales action plan, profit plan, and marketing audits
Previous Sales experience required
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications andor relevant computer applications required
University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Visa Requirements: *Must be eligible to work in India.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: India-Jaipur-Fairmont Jaipur
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Closing Date: 12.Mar.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: JAI00767