Black & Veatch Regional Construction Training Manager (Asia) in Jakarta, Thailand, Indonesia
Regional Construction Training Manager (Asia)
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
Provide technical training needs to construction and procurement division across Asia.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
At the direction of the Construction and Procurement (C&P) Regional leadership, works to:
• Determine regional C&P training needs
• Formulate suitable training strategies aligned to regional needs
• Ensure appropriate competency-driven training and development programs are made available to meet regional demands
• Produce and deliver, and enable Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to produce and deliver, competency-based training content aligned to corporate and C&P process and standards
• Ensure all required training management actions are accomplished according to standards
• Provide program management of learning and career development related initiatives
• Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions and provides metrics summarizing accomplishments and effectiveness
• Maintain coordination with C&P Training Services team to ensure consistency and continuity of training processes, plans , products, and standards
o College level degree related to construction management, training, instructional design, or organizational development (Experience in a dedicated training role may substitute for the degree)
o Experience in industrial construction (particularly Energy production plants and Water facilities) and have a strong understanding of Adult Learning Theory.
o Five to ten years direct experience in construction trades (multiple trades desired)
o Five years direct experience in construction management
(Construction-related Startup/Commissioning, Quality Control, or Construction Project Management experience may also be accepted)
o Experience delivering construction-related process and management training, as well as policy and procedures, commercial and contractual elements of construction, project risk management, soft-skills, and safety training
o Experience designing training content using common Instructional Systems Design (ISD) methodologies
o Well-versed in the creation of written evaluations and task performance assessments
o Strong English language skills
o Secondary Mandarin or Indonesian language skills are highly desirable
o Able to travel extensively in Asia
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Previous international experience
• Instructor certification credentials
• Skilled in the use of learning technologies (WebEx, elearning, communities of practice, etc.)
• Experience developing training content using Articulate, Storyline 2, PaintShop Pro, Photoshop, PowerPoint, MS Word
• Experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS) to deliver and track training
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations to all levels of the organization
• Ability to provide instructional design expertise to technical experts in development of technical training programs
• Advanced project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Conflict management and facilitation skills
• Problem identification skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.