Festival Foods Front End Department Manager in Janesville, Wisconsin
Job Title: Front End Department Manager
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports to: Store Director/Department Director* *
Responsible for working closely with all Front End associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of front end department operations, to include but not limited to: labor, expenses and customer service. Some travel will be involved amongst area store locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Lead, coach, teach and reinforce the Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Front End associates.
- Maintains adequate staff levels by interviewing applicants and extending job offers
- Finalizes and approves weekly work schedule for Front End associates
- Writes and conducts performance reviews of Front End associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Front End associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all department associates
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example
- Ensures all department standards are being met on the Front End.
- Oversees the Front End to ensure proper cash control, customer service and cashier production levels.
- Responsible for scheduling employees to coincide with budget and labor projections and to make daily adjustments as necessary.
- Support and execute a Superior Customer Service program.
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Front End Director, other Department Managers and associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on service counter and sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Develops Assistant Department Manager and/or Department Leads to prepare for advancement opportunities.
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of leadership experience, at least 2 years in a manager role
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of technology and the use of a computer
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, trash compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Working conditions consist primarily of a temperature-controlled environment. The ability to work outside checking store property, in walk-in coolers or freezers for short periods of time is necessary.
The Front End Manager is a full time salary position scheduled 45 hours per week. The typical shift to be worked will be 7am-5pm, including weekends, weekdays, and holidays (time of shift is subject to change based on needs of each store). The Front End Manager is also required to work one night a week, and one late night per month.
Requisition Number: 16-2842
Post Date: 10/20/2016
Title: Front End Department Manager
Is Position Part-Time?: No
Wage Range: SALARY RANGE 04