Allergan Business Information Management Analyst in Jersey City, New Jersey
Business Information Management Analyst
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/678/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Sep 28, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for planning, managing, leading, implementing and executing technical and validation activities related to the implementation and production support of the Business Intelligence (BI) applications in the Pharma or Bio-technology industry’s Research and Development environment.
Interfaces with business users and functional analysts to identify and document the Company’s business requirements and ensures realization through the development of value added enhancements while conforming to the system development and validation lifecycles. This is the senior-level position in the Systems Analyst/Developer class series.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Manages medium-size cross-functional project teams tasked with solving technical issues. Evaluates the requirements and provides solutions to support operational business and reporting processes. Leads team in analyzing the information and prioritizing the requirements to support the business needs.
· Evaluates system impact in consultation with the business, IT management, regulatory, IT development, quality assurance, validation, and training teams. Partners with functional business system analyst and IT management to identify necessary department resources to meet defined objectives.
· Involve in Architecting the ETL processes and implement Business Intelligence solutions.
· Acts as an internal resource for the consultation to other department members to provide expertise and possible solutions to resolve business needs.
· Develops detailed design specifications for projects and enhancements, creating technical process models based on requirements in order to determine the completeness of the information and process components.
· Defines and develops test plans and validation protocols for unit, system, and integration testing, and to address installation, operational, and performance qualifications requirements.
· Performs system configuration and integration testing including the functionality, performance and fit to ensure that it meets the original requirements and works within the defined constraints.
· Provides input to effective change management, training requirements, and rollout plans to business and users.
· Leads team providing post-implementation support to users.
· Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, as well as, state, federal, and local laws.
6 or more years of IT experience and at least 4 years of experience in design and development of data movement and data transformation programs using Informatica PowerCenter 9.x in life-sciences environment (preferably in Research and Development Operations).
Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, and recommending and implementing techniques and methods for resolution of problems.
Experience in data modeling in oracle/sql data warehouse for effective ETL and reporting.
Experience in following SDLC to implement Business Intelligence solutions and prepare appropriate documentation.
Experience in Analytical reporting/dash boarding tools like Qlikview, Business Objects, Tableau, Spotfire is a plus.
Complying with all current Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
Working independently, with little or no supervision.
Interfacing professionally, effectively and efficiently with all levels of personnel co-workers and outside vendors.
Managing multiple tasks and duties.