Fairmont Chef De Partie-Pastry in Kunshan, China
_ __ _
Chef de Partie-Pastry
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Pastry Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- To delight our guests and provide The Fairmont Experience by preparing and serving food as dictated by the menu. Helping out wherever necessary to deliver a special requested product that will exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Assist the Sous Chef or Executive Pastry Chef in implementing and executing of activities, promotions, menu implementations according to the annual plans.
- Assist Sous Chef or Executive Pastry Chef in all menu implementations in a timely manner with necessary plating guides, recipes, food pictures and costing completed prior to implementation.
- Follow directions and maintain good working relationships with supervisors and managers.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- Handle customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action to resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Understand and Participate in managing kitchen’s food cost as well as kitchen operating supplies, and kitchen energy costs.
- Know and apply ability to operate kitchen equipment safely and properly in the kitchen.
- Assist the Sous Chef or Executive Pastry Chef in the preparation and control of daily and weekly market lists.
- Ensure consistent quality of all food stuffs purchased, monitoring quality at receiving point, ensuring value of purchases matching to correct food costs.
- Constantly strive to reduce energy consumption through awareness.
- Monitor Kitchen maintenance and report any defects of operating equipments to Sous Chef or Executive Pastry Chef.
- Uphold Kitchen cleanliness and hygiene of your kitchen and follow HACCP program as lead by Hygiene Officer, including physical cleaning of areas as required.
- Ensure that all junior employees report for duty in each outlet with correct uniform in a timely manner.
- Respect and accommodate servers request regarding guests’ preference and requests.
- Work closely with standard recipes and plate presentation in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures to complete requisitions, obtains proper signatures, submit, pick up transport and store all items.
- Report and handle any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Perform other task or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Work flexible hours as hotel business changes.
- Ensure adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Support Hotel Committees
- Support Service Plus Recognition Program
- Ensure Employee engagement Survey Goals are met
- Ensure grooming standards are met
- Perform any tasks as assigned by the Management
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): * *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in ChinaPlease inert verbiage around hotel's ability to support visas/ work permits**
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: China-Kunshan-Fairmont Yangcheng Lake
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 25.May.2017, 10:59:00 AM
Req ID: KUN01292