Festival Foods Deli Night Lead in La Crosse Copeland, Wisconsin
Job Title: Deli Night Manager
FSLA Status: Hourly
Immediate Supervisor: Deli Manager **
Responsible for working closely with all deli associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals are being obtained, and associates' needs are being met. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of deli department operations, to include but not limited to: labor, expenses, accurate pricing, stock levels, merchandising, and customer service.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITY
- Follows all company and department policies and operating procedures.
- Complies with federal and state regulations.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Adheres to all cleaning and sanitation guidelines.
- Has a good understanding of case cleaning standards
- Adheres to all safety regulations and procedures, and makes sure co-workers are doing the same.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Performs tasks as delegated by the deli department manager and effectively leads the deli department in the absence of the department manager; as well as assists deli manager with important tasks
2) Leads, coaches, teaches, and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all deli associates.
- Trains new deli associates
- Helps Deli Manager write and conduct performance reviews of deli associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by deli associates and conducts appropriate corrective action
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all deli department associates
2) Provides customer service to guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for on or off the sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- If special orders are taken at night for early in the morning, the night supervisor needs to make these or start them if needed
3) Watches over the service case as well as the self service cases.
- Keep an eye on both cases, determining quality control by filling those items seeming low
- Check, straighten and fill self service cases every hour
4) Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example
5) Develops assistant department manager and/or department leads to prepare for advancement opportunities
6) Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
7) Watches inventory and stock levels
8) Required to maintain food safety logs.
9) Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment.
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler.
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Stand in place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Deli Night Manager is a full time hourly position scheduled 38-40 hours per week, unless instructed differently from Deli Manager
- The most common shift to be worked will be 2pm-10pm, (but may change due to the needs of the department) including weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Requisition Number: 16-2411
Post Date: 10/20/2016
Title: Deli Night Lead
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 11
Work Hours: 2nd Shift
City: La Crosse - Copeland