Festival Foods Wine & Spirits Clerk in La Crosse Copeland, Wisconsin
Job Title: Wine and Spirits Clerk/Cashier II
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Wine and Spirits Department Manager
Responsible for assisting the Wine and Spirits department by working closely with all Wine and Spirits associates in an effort to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, coaches, teaches, and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Wine and Spirits associates.
- Trains new Wine and Spirits associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Wine and Spirits associates and conducts progressive disciplinary actions with Wine and Spirits associates
- Writes and conducts performance reviews for Wine and Spirits associates
Answers questions and provides guidance to all Wine and Spirits associates
Ensures all department standards are being met in the Wine and Spirits department.
- Observes sales floor and cooler conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Wine and Spirits Department Manager/Assistant Manager and Wine and Spirits associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Oversees all sanitation within Wine and Spirits department
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for throughout the store
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
Develops associates to prepare for advancement opportunities.
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. **
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to sample products sold in the wine and spirits department.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, pallet jack, trash compactor, proper lifting techniques, and proper scanning techniques.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly.
- Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the employee to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Working conditions consist of occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Wine and Spirits Clerk II is an hourly position that is full-time (38-40 hours per week). The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability.
All Applicants that meet the above qualifications will be contacted by HR for a phone or in person interview.
Requisition Number: 16-2248
Post Date: 8/22/2016
Title: Wine & Spirits Clerk
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 05
City: La Crosse - Copeland