Festival Foods Hot Bar Cook in La Crosse, Wisconsin
Job Title: Deli PM Hot Bar Cook
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed and department goals are being obtained. Contribute to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of the hot bar such as stock levels, inventory, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Provide customer service to guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for
- Take orders or special requests for the hot bar
2) Watches over hot bar
- Keeps an eye on all levels of the hot bar
- Fill everything when needed
- Clean off counter often
- Take temperatures of food
- When filling, making sure to keep everything rotated and fresh
- Ensure that shrinking of items is done properly
- Label items clearly for customers
- Garnish hot bar, making everything looking presentable
3) Do all prep for hot bar
- Cook items that day time hot bar has specified to use
- Fry chicken, wedges, French fries, etc.
- Boil soups
4) Keep everything clean and tidy
- Entire case must be clean and organized
- Wiping down hot bar and soups
5) Nighttime Cleanup
- Take down and vacuum hot bar
- Do all dishes
- Clean up fryers and ovens**
6) Required to maintain food safety logs.
7) Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Knowledge of perishable food
- Requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, dishwasher, baler, oven, trash compactor, fryer, hot bar, soup holders, stove top, cook and hold, blaster and chiller, etc.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Must be self-motivated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to handle working at fast speeds
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Deli PM Hot Bar position is a part time hourly position scheduled less than 28 or less hours per week
- The shift to be worked will usually be 2pm-10pm, but may vary, including weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
Requisition Number: 16-1609
Post Date: 10/12/2016
Title: Hot Bar Cook
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 09
Work Hours: 2nd Shift
City: La Crosse