ICON Clinical Research Sr Dir, Stat Programming in Lake Forest, Illinois
The global senior director of programming will lead and set the strategic direction of the global programming group and drive the successful implementation of the strategy. S/he will lead a culture that will lead to growing and scalable statistical programming capabilities. This will be an inspirational leadership role that will make a compelling case for change and lead through example with an engagement in delivering profitable growth and business operational efficiencies.
The Senior Programming Director will perform this role by;
· Establishing & drive business strategy
· Leading & driving the execution of business initiatives
· Evaluating initiative impact on the organization
· Drive the delivery of studies activities which exceed client expectation
· Lead the creation and improvement of internal procedures, focused on process improvement to add value to ICON’s business and meet client needs
· Provide change leadership and lead projects to drive standardization, stability and simplification in processes
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with sponsors and internal departments/business units
· Ensure appropriate participation in preparation of costings, proposals and bid defence meetings
· Maintain professional expertise and position of respect amongst peers
· Ensure department managers monitor individual project/programs and resourcing to ensure revenue targets and margins are achieved
· Direct line management responsibility for individuals including managers within the department, including setting global focus, goals, processes and objectives
· Recruit, train, develop and appraise management personnel
· Travel will be around 10-15%.
Degree (BSc/MS/PhD) in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, or related field
Significant clinical research experience, specifically in the pharmaceutical industry, including previous line management responsibility
Demonstrable ability to direct programming initiatives, with statistical programming experience including analysis data sets, tables, listings and graphs
Excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interface at all levels both internally and externally
We are a company of 13,500 employees in forty countries globally. We differentiate ourselves by developing innovative solutions to bring life-saving drugs to market faster and in a more cost-effective way to foster better patient outcomes. We are a top five clinical research organization with solid earnings and growth potential. Our belief in excellence is our core value in all that we do for our sponsor partners and the patients that we serve. As a company we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations in drug development solutions.
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes an excellent retirement plan, health coverage, paid time off, income protection insurance programs, and staff recognition schemes. We care about our people, since they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career. Caring for patients while enjoying what we do and delivering great results is something we can achieve if we know we can count on each other and have a clear vision of where we want to go.**
- ICON is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.*