ServerLogic ERP Finance Business Analyst in Lake Oswego, Oregon
This position works closely with business accounting users capturing requirements; including process opportunities, needs for new or enhanced capabilities, training, support, and reporting needs.This role acts as a liaison between the business users and IT team.This position uses knowledge of business applications and accounting processes to develop and recommend appropriate configurations, reporting, and process re-engineering based on user needs and business priorities.
Business Analysts are responsible for generating high level and detailed documentation, including user stories and scenarios, functional requirement documents (FRD), business process flows, data flow charts, data mapping, detailed application functional and technical requirements, test scripts, training materials and end user documentation. Working closely with other IT staff and entity stakeholders, this role must understand both the overall business objectives and the day-to-day business processes and then be able to design optimized solutions to meet these needs.
Accounting Support (60%)
- Provide manufacturing accounting expertise including process improvement for cost accounting, fixed asset management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, month end close, corporate financial consolidation reporting, and an understanding of Mexico accounting laws and regulations.
- Partner with business on process improvements and related automation needs with the manufacturing accounting teams.
- Advise, design, and maintain efficient, best practice, month end financial close processes and reporting.
- Work directly with Plant Comptrollers, Fixed Asset Managers, Cost Accountants, AP and AR teams, to develop best practices, and to streamline processes to maximize efficiency.
- Align Mexico facility processes and accounting practices with Mexico Accounting Rules and Regulations to meet all legal requirements, while maintaining alignment with best practices and efficient business processes.
- Coordinate with internal and external audit teams to maintain SOX compliant processes.
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounting and Finance teams to align divisional accounting and reporting with Corporate goals and consolidation.
Business Analysis (20%)
- Collaborate, analyze and evaluate existing accounting processes and collaborate with manufacturing accounting team and IT team to streamline and improve system processes.
- Document high level and detailed accounting functional and technical requirements, including user stories and scenarios, process flow charts, current state, future state, gaps, training materials and end user documentation.
- Participates in the definition of project scope and objectives through research and Subject Matter Expert interviews.
- Responsible for application configurations and test script and test execution in Financial modules.
- Work with Project Management, IT team, and end accounting users to ensure key business objectives are being effectively met for area of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Project Stakeholders to facilitate successful business acceptance of best practices, system configuration, and reporting.
System Admin, User Support, and Admin (20%)
- Provide end user support in accounting business processes and ERP Financial modules.
- Provide end user training and assist in training new end users as needed.
- Provide custom and ad-hoc reporting as requested.
- Act as a liaison between the business users and AX Support, working closely with other IT Technical Support staff and entity stakeholders.
- Provide weekly written status reports to project and business management.
- Occasional travel to Mexico manufacturing sites will be required.
- Other duties as requested.
Required Education and/or Experience
- BA or BS in Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent combination of skills, experience and education.
- Requires 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing accounting, with cost accounting experience.
- Requires 1+ years’ experience as a business analyst; alternatively 2+ years of experience as ERP Super User for Financial Modules (Dynamics AX preferred, Oracle or SAP acceptable).
- Requires 2+ years’ experience as end user support for ERP Financial modules.
- Requires 2+ years ERP system admin/implementation/super user experience (Dynamics AX preferred, Oracle or SAP acceptable).
- Strong listening and written communication skills along with strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Requires advanced problem solving skills, along with a demonstrated ability to outline and organize complex business processes into simplified steps and common language.
- Track record of driving for results and taking initiative to affect change in business processes.
- Strong history of continuing education and drive to increase skill set.
Experience, knowledge, or ability in these areas a plus
- Experience Dynamics AX 2009 or newer application including configurations.
- Experience with Inventory and Manufacturing systems in a business analyst role.
- Experience with multi-national and multi-currency companies.
- Multilingual English/Spanish Speaker desirable.
Job Code: #4294
Title: ERP Finance Business Analyst
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Location: Lake Oswego Oregon
Job #4294: Accounting / Finance