State of Massachusetts Developmental Services Worker I - Direct Care in Lakeville, Massachusetts
_The work location for this position is in Lakeville, Southeastern, MA._
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) seeks caring and compassionate applicants for the role of DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES WORKER I (DSW I) who are committed to building meaningful relationships in order to provide outstanding care and service.
The DSW I provides programmatic direct care services and supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This is to be accomplished by the provision of an environment consistent with participants' needs in daily living and those skills necessary for community life.
_Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):_
• Provide support to individuals by assisting in the development and implementation of habilitative, behavioral and recreational programs in accordance with the Individual Service Plan (ISP) objectives
• Coordinate with direct supervisor(s) to ensure successful implementation of ISP’s, use of appropriate methods, coordination of services and crisis intervention
• Assist and facilitate activities of daily living, such as household maintenance, personal-care and hygiene, food shopping and preparation, budgeting, leisure activities and socialization skill development
• Attend individuals’ review meetings and accompany them to various appointments; Transport individuals to work, recreational activities and other engagements as needed
• Maintain individuals’ confidentiality and records; preserve individuals’ human rights by complying with applicable laws and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a respectful, caring, tolerant, ethical, and empowering relationship with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
• Capacity to assist/lift individuals with physical disabilities and/or limited mobility;
• Aptitude to transcribe read and comprehend the English language;
• Possess current and valid Class D Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
• Applicants must pass the Medication Administration Program (MAP) certification
• Upon successful completion of a training program, incumbents must obtain and maintain Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid (FA) certification
Part-time 20 hours a week.
Saturday and Sunday - 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Friday - 7:00 am to 11:00 am.
Days off - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
This position is in a program that operates 24-hour/7 days a week. The Department requires employees in this position to be able to perform mandatory overtime when circumstances dictate the need.
This position is designated as an "EMERGENCY" position in the Department of Developmental Services Emergency Plan. This means that whenever the Governor declares that the Commonwealth is in a state of emergency, you will be required to report to work.
_About the Agency:_
The Department of Developmental Services is dedicated to creating, in partnership with others, innovative and genuine opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities to participate fully and meaningfully in, and contribute to, their communities as valued members.
A criminal background check (CORI) will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. In addition, Chapter 234 of the Acts of 2014, An Act Requiring National Background Checks, requires the Department of Developmental Services to conduct fingerprint-based check of the state and national criminal history databases on the recommended candidate. For more information please visit:
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment medical exam and completion of physical restraint program.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Record Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements: None
Incumbents are required to possessa current and valid motor vehicle driver’s license at a class level specific to assignment.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Direct Care
Organization: *Department of Developmental Services
Title: Developmental Services Worker I - Direct Care
Location: Massachusetts-Lakeville - Res 5424
Requisition ID: 170003TX