U.S. Army Medical Command Training Instructor in Landstuhl, Germany
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Landstuhl, Germany
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (7 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/31/2016 (6 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is with the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center Information Management Division located in Landstuhl, Germany. Landstuhl is part of the Kaiserslautern/Ramstein complex. There are ten large dependents' schools in the immediate area. Ramstein Air Base is the headquarters for the American Air Force in Europe; Landstuhl is located near a main east-west autobahn, 11 miles west of Kaiserslautern and 2 miles southwest of Ramstein. For information regarding Landstuhl, please visit our website:Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Training Instructor:
- Assist with planning, execution and training of the AHLTA Electronic Health Record (EHR) application and other ancillary applications.
- Deliver both desk-side training programs and formalized training in a classroom setting.
- Assist the senior trainers with both the support and physical training of the systems which constitute the EHR: AHLTA, Composite Health Care System-Cache, Essentris, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Microsoft One-Note and AS-U-Type programs, along with other approved applications which may be added in the future.
- Provide assistance via telephone or electronic transmission, to provide functional issue resolution for supported personnel.
- Occasional Travel
- 5% travel for conferences
- Relocation costs are authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: assisting senior trainers in training credentialed medical providers, nurses, technicians, and medical support staff on using Electronic Healthcare Record software and applications, an outpatient tool, an inpatient charting application, healthcare database systems, and web-based ancillary applications. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of healthcare data systems
- Skill in training of Electronic Healthcare Record applications
- Skill in providing support for ancillary medical applications
- Ability to provide support as a subject matter expert
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Education Substitution: Have a Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a subject area related to the position being filled. Qualifying degrees include Health Systems Management, Health Information Technology, etc. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification purposes.)
Combining Experience and Education: Combinations of successfully completed education and experience described above may be used to meet total qualification requirements at the GS-09 grade level.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Certification.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is therefore subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations in accordance with MEDCOM Operation Order 09-54. (Note: Already immune individuals based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness, or those subject to religious exemption or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.)
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain an interim Secret clearance and obtain/maintain a Secret security.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location.
- Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
- This is a Career Program Position (CP) 32.
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 180 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
- The initial length of overseas tour is three years (36 months).
- Candidates initially selected from the U.S. may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits.
Salary Range: $42,823.00 to $55,666.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-1712-09/09
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453390000
Job Announcement Number: EUHU162269221825435D