The GEO Group SUPV, SHIFT in Laredo, Texas
Experienced Corrections Officer Supervisors, we’re looking for you to join our growing team. We are looking for Corrections Officer Supervisors to assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and regulations for custody, security and treatment of detainees and inmates. If you are looking for an opportunity where you will be responsible for attaining facility goals and objectives, ensuring compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures for security operations; this may be the right opportunity for you.
As a Corrections Officer Supervisor, you will be responsible for the management of security/control activities and staff in an assigned area, which provides for maximum facility coordination in prisoner supervision and safety, in addition to the preparation of required records and reports.
Additional responsibilities of the Corrections Officer Supervisor include:
- Responding to major unusual occurrences, facilitating prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma
- Directing the work of other employees, including the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination
- Making assignments, reviews post orders and assuring that all procedures including emergency procedures are in place and staff is trained in proper implementation
- Reviewing disciplinary matters concerning both staff and detainees
- Reviewing staff effectiveness and conducting frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Giving primary guidance on situational problems; making referrals for more complex problems
- Preparing records and reports as assigned by management, maintaining daily logs as required
- Attaining facility goals/objectives and ensuring compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures for security operations
- Directing work, providing training and performing inspections of work performed by detainee/inmate staff, providing detainee supervision and security in other areas as needed