MV Transportation Drivers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Now Hiring DRIVERS!
We want YOU to join our TEAM!!
We can put you on the road to a great career helping others!
MV Transportation is seeking safe and reliable drivers to provide efficient public transportation.
Walk in Applicants Welcome: Monday through Friday 8am - 3pm
Walk in Location Address: 3210 Citizen Ave, North Las Vegas
Can't stop by our office, apply online at: careers.mvtransit.com
- We offer Paid Training
- We'll help you obtain your CDL Class B license
- Eligible for benefits package (after qualification period)
- Provide safe transportation and maintain on-time performance.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service to passengers, including assisting with boarding and de-boarding, communicating pertinent information, and responding appropriately in the event of an emergency.
- Understanding of ADA compliance
- Communicate effectively with dispatch or central office via two way radio.
- Adjust to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger incidents, accidents and trip changes.
- Employ all techniques of defensive driving to minimize risk.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly.
- Ability to navigate the service area through use of maps.
- Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and ensure the safety of all passengers and employees.
- Knowledge of the service area.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
- Candidates must be 21 years of age or over
- Possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License or permit, with passenger endorsements, and a valid Medical Examination Card when on duty.
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Maintain a strong attendance record.
- Maintain a good rapport with the general public.
- Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures.
- Write reports in a coherent, legible manner.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups .
CATEGORY: Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel, Transportation
LOCATION: US-NV-Las Vegas
POSTING ID: TNDRIVE49724_1476726547
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified