Intermountain Healthcare HR Mgr-Layton in Layton, Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Layton Hospital is Intermountain Healthcare’s newest hospital set to open late summer 2018. The hospital will be a 43 licensed bed Community Hospital located at the Layton Parkway exit in Layton, on the west side of I-15. The Administrative offices are currently located at McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden, with plans to relocate to Layton City the first half of 2017.
- 1) Typically, the HR Manager is an active member of the facility Administrative Council and works under the direction of a HR Director and local leadership.
- 2) The HR Director is typically on the Administrative Council of the largest hospital of the region, rather than the HR Manager.
- 3) This job provides direct supervision for employees in the assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- 4) The HR Manager works independently and is a resource to others, and is able to support large groups of employees and managers.
- 5) Leads communication efforts for assigned facility or area, leads employee activities and employee engagement, and executes strategic HR goals for facility.
- 6) May be accountable to support employees on the assigned campuses; however those employees may included on another facilities payroll.
Essential Job Duties
- 1) Responsible for successfully implementing and integrating HR services and processes to meet the workforce planning needs for the hospital.
- 2) If they are a member of the AC, this role acts as business partner with hospital Administrative Team to improve patient and/or customer satisfaction and achieve applicable goals for the hospital.
- 3) Partners with leadership for employee engagement initiatives to develop and maintain a highly engaged workforce.
- 4) Ensures appropriate short and long-term work force planning strategies and plans are developed and implemented to provide for appropriate facility staffing through recruitment methods, retention initiatives and on-going management of staff associated with conducting these functions.
- 5) Accountable for leadership development to support management competency in their job performance. Provides leadership training, growth and development opportunities to assist managers in reaching their full potential.
- 6) Provides guidance to Hospital Administrative team and other leaders relative to all Human Resources matters.
- 7) Collaborates with key stakeholders to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all appropriate sources for answers; identifies underlying or hidden problems or patterns; effectively utilizes factual and intuitive analysis; demonstrates ability to perceive things in new and unfamiliar ways, making unusual associations and generating original ideas, new possibilities, and new or improved solutions.
- 8) Provides advice regarding legal or regulatory compliance (such as Affirmative Action planning) with leadership taking accountability for decisions with input from Human Resources. Acts as a liaison between Central Office Employee Relation's and or Legal Departments to ensure compliance.
- 9) Ensures adherence to the budget and cost containment efforts.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Days
- Department: Human Resources
- Bachelors Degree obtained from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Seven (7) years of Human Resources experience, with at least five years of HR Consultant experience.
- Significant experience in advising/educating managers on matters of employee relations and Human Resources related laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated analytical skills; ability to influence group processes and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage and perform with a high degree of autonomy, organization, and adaptability.
- Must be a dynamic leader that is able to gain trust and respect of the physicians, staff, and peers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Solid understanding of all areas within HR functions including: employee relations, organizational development/training, benefits, compensation, legal and regulatory compliance, and diversity.
- Excellent computer skills including email, word processing, worksheet processing and presentations. Knowledge of HR systems such as HRM systems, database applications, talent management systems, and file scanning applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Bachelors Degree in HR or related field required such as business administration.
- Masters Degree in HR, Business Administration, Organizational Design or other business related field.
- SPHR certification
- Human Resources experience in a healthcare setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Layton Hospital
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time