TD Bank Mortgage Loan Closer II in Lewiston, Maine
Auto req ID 171646BR
Job Title Mortgage Loan Closer II
Job Status Full Time
Country UNITED STATES
Province/ State Maine
Location Lewiston - Bates Mill #7
Business Line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Operations & Underwriting
Job Category(s) Operations & Underwriting
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Mortgage Loan Closer II is primarily responsible for providing support to Mortgage Loan Processing through document preparation as it pertains to loan closings. The job works with closing agents to ensure necessary information is provided to complete the loan closing package. The Mortgage Loan Closer II performs quality reviews and completes quality control analysis.
• Works on a more independent basis with minimal supervision
• Receives assistance from more experienced closers or manager with difficult questions and situations
• Prepares legal, regulatory and custom closing documentation if applicable within established Company policies and procedures and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines
• Reviews loan documentation prior to sending documents to closing agents to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance to state and federal lending regulations, consulting with more experienced staff as necessary to clarify or interpret regulations
• Works with closing agents to ensure necessary information is provided to complete loan closing packages while maintaining positive business relationships
• Completes quality control analysis of standard and nonstandard loan documentation, ensures data integrity and performs various functions related to the work-group to avert losses and reduce undue risk
• May act as mentor and resource to Loan Closer I
• May provide training to Loan Closer I
• Answers phones to assist internal and external customers
• Associates Degree and/or Bachelor’s degree required
• Mortgage Operations 2-4 years loan documentation experience
• Knowledge of applicable lending practices
• Ability to understand and apply processing procedures and processes
• Detail orientated with ability to audit and correct procedural errors
• Ability to maintain positive business relationships with partners, customers and agents
• Ability to handle heavy workload and meet stringent deadlines
• Ability to interact effectively with internal customers from various departments
• Working knowledge of Bank's loan products
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to interact effectively with all customers, both internal and external
• PC skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Availability to work a variable schedule which may include nights and/or weekends
• This position falls within the definition of Loan Originator as defined under Regulation Z of the Truth in Lending Act, 12 CFR Part 1026.36, and the definition of Mortgage Loan Originator as defined under the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act), 12 U.S.C. §§ 5102 et seq., and its implementing regulations, 12 CFR Part 1007
• Must be eligible for employment with a covered financial institution under the standards established by Regulation Z of the Truth in Lending Act, 12 CFR Part 1026.36
• Must be eligible for registration as a registered mortgage loan originator with the NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry) in accordance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act), 12 U.S.C. §§ 5102 et seq., and its implementing regulations, 12 CFR Part 1007
• A satisfactory criminal background check, credit report, and statements from job applicant regarding administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government agency are required by federal law for this position
Hours 40 M-F 8-5
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine
City (Primary) Lewiston