Aon Corporation Aon Campus - IS&T Software Developer Intern in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Aon Is Looking For a Software Developer Intern
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our business group within Aon Hewitt, in Lincolnshire, IL.
Your Impact As a Software Developer*_Intern_*:
The Aon Hewitt Internship program provides associates the opportunity to develop their skills via on the job experience in Aon’s Decision Support and Innovation Organization. Participants will be provided invaluable hands-on learning opportunities and work experience while contributing significantly to the technology capabilities of the team. Skill development will focus on software development, business analysis and strategy, communication, and collaboration.
The Software Developer Intern will be part of a small innovation and delivery team and will be responsible for developing and delivering 1-2 projects through the internship period. The projects will include exploring and building with new technologies, leveraging new strategic approaches in software development, and delivering valuable technology solutions to the team and our clients.
- Design, development, testing, and the delivery of software solutions
- Identifying and translating user needs into a functioning technical solution
- Explore new technology areas and approaches, adapting them to our product portfolio, and identifying opportunities to leverage them with our products
- Engagement in a project from initial concept through solution deliverables
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Previous software development experience preferred, either formal or informal
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; must be able to identify problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills encouraged, including: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet tools
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus in Computer Science or related field.
Applications for this role, part of the national Business internship Program, should have a target graduation date of December 2017 – Summer 2018 and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above.
Business Internship Program
Aon’s Business Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
An Opportunity to Explore Post Graduation Career Path Opportunities
The goal of the Business Internship Program is to give students significant exposure to Aon through project deliverables, continuing education and a training curriculum. The program also provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and prepare for post‐graduate career opportunities at Aon. Upon successful completion of the Business Internship Program, highly qualified interns may be offered post-graduation full‐time positions within the Launch Program, Aon’s Early Career Development Program.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
About Aon Hewitt:
Aon Hewitt is the world’s foremost provider of human resources outsourcing and consulting services. The firm consults with more than 2,300 companies and administers human resources, health care, payroll and retirement programs on behalf of more than 300 companies to millions of employees and retirees worldwide. Located in 120 countries, Aon Hewitt employs approximately 30,000 associates.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2423293
Category: Business Services
Location: United States, IL, Lincolnshire