Arvest Mortgage Servicing Collections Call Center Counselor in Little Rock, Arkansas
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Mtg Servicing Homeowners Assistance Counselor Supervisor, the Mtg Servicing Collections Call Center Counselor will initiate contact with customers regarding their delinquent mortgage accounts. The incumbent will evaluate the customers’ financial circumstances early to determine appropriate action necessary to resolve delinquency. The Mtg Servicing Collections Call Center Counselor must maintain records of all actions taken.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Telephone customers and discuss the circumstances causing the delinquent status of their account. May accept inbound customer calls for various reasons such as responding to outbound calls or transferred calls from other departments.
- Work with customers to resolve the delinquent status of their accounts by establishing whether the delinquency is a short term or long term problem and discusses financial arrangements and/or loss mitigation options to resolve the delinquency.
- May request applicable loss mitigation assistance packages or complete over the phone financials to determine eligibility for a repayment plan.
- Inform the customer of potential legal actions and offer financial counseling.
- As applicable, provide customers and authorized third parties with updates and feedback on loss mitigation requests in process. Coordinate with or refer to the Customer Relations area or Loss Mitigation department and/or lead when appropriate.
- Respond to customers’ questions, correct errors, and resolve customer disputes, coordinating with or referring to other departments or a Lead if necessary and/or appropriate.
- Review bank records and mortgage transactions to resolve misapplied payments, researching account transactions to ensure that payments are properly credited. Follow-up with customers. May evaluate payments being made on delinquent accounts and determine if payment is acceptable for posting.
- Document all collection actions taken, such as details of telephone conversations, letters mailed, etc. Maintain any system coding necessary to identify alerts or special messages regarding delinquent accouhnts. Update the follow-up dates and reason(s) for default.
- Provide customers with payment histories, ACH authorization forms, authorization forms for third parties, copies of letters, etc. as needed or requested.
- Stay informed of the requirements and details of the loss mitigation assistance programs outlined by the investors and insurers.Cross train in other areas of mortgage servicing as needed. Coordinate/complete company defined continued education/training requirements annually.
- Work with and maintain positive relations with borrowers, investors, outside vendors, realtors, bank associates, attorneys and others. Discuss sensitive personal financial circumstances in a frank, yet tactful, manner.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes, but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and effiiency for the company's overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- 6 months customer service experience required.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act certification required within 60 days of hire. Annual recertification required.
- 1 year mortgage experience preferred.
- 1 year collections experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects/controls. The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Organization
As a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With over 315 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you.
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Mortgage Servicing Collections Call Center Counselor
Location: 801 John Barrow RD Suite 1; AR, Little Rock
Grade: 11 SSMET
Accepting applications through: October 23, 2016
Details: Positions available Monday through Friday 10 am to 7 pm or 11 am to 8 pm.
Preferred Qualifications: See Below
Category: Mortgage Company