Intermountain Healthcare Pathology Technician -- Logan Regional Hospital in Logan, Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides technical support for the multiple disciplines in Anatomic Pathology by maintaining maximum efficiency and uninterrupted workflow of the laboratory. The Pathology Technician Level I may perform tissue gross examination or dissection in accordance with educational requirements outlined by CAP.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Actively participates in developing and revising laboratory procedures and training other employees to laboratory procedures specific to assigned job skills.
- 2. Maintains accurate identification of specimen throughout the laboratory process. Provides and obtains appropriate documentation and information required for accurate testing, billing and resulting purposes in accordance with hospital, state and federal guidelines. Clerical functions may include, but not limited to: - Accessions surgical pathology and cytology case. - Faxes and mails pathology reports - Generates reports for correlation studies, quality assurance and control monitors - Scans documents
- 3. Operates and maintains laboratory equipment and quality control documentation appropriate for assigned job duties which may include but not limited to: - Specimen set-up - ThinPrep PAP processing - Non-GYN specimen processing - Paraffin embedding tissue specimens - Slide staining - Reagent preparation - Specimen retention, storage and disposal - Slide labeling, distribution and filing - Basic microtomy - Autopsy set up and clean up
- 4. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Entry Rate: $15.49
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Variable day position working from 5:00 am - 11:00 am,
- Department: Laboratory
- Additional Details: Part-time position at Logan Regional Hospital
- One year laboratory experience
- Demonstrated good communication skills
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Associates degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or
- Two years post high school education in a laboratory, physical, chemical or biological science with:
- a) 24 semester hours of medical laboratory science courses; or
- b) 24 semester hours of science courses that include:
- (i) Six semester hours of chemistry
- (ii) Six semester hours of biology, and
- (iii) Twelve semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory science in any combination.
- Computer experience
- Medical terminology
- High School Diploma or GED Certification
- At least 1 year Histology experience required
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 30
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Job Type Part Time