Google Risk Management Specialist (Part-time) in London, United Kingdom
The Google Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with the current financial regulations. Comprised of master jugglers, this team balances Google's legal and compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. As part of this team, you proactively identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and find innovative solutions. You develop efficient compliance systems and work with teams to implement these across the organization. You are thorough in all you do and see to it that as Google pursues our next big idea, we always have our bases covered.
In this role, you will harness your business acumen and risk management creativity, as well as your accounting knowledge, to craft and implement solutions that optimize execution velocity and risk mitigation. You are thorough and will work to ensure we have our bases covered as Google pursues the next big ideas. You love data and harness its potential in order to influence stakeholders and partners to adopt the processes and controls you create.
- Lead cross-functional business and governance projects. Define, implement, and maintain processes and procedures to support Global Sales, Finance, Product, Technical, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
- Identify, create, and measure process improvements that automate manual steps, consolidate bespoke processes, and scale with Google’s growth.
- Partner with Sales, Legal teams, Regulators, Vendors, Processors and Auditors to address issues, manage exams and audits, and monitor changes in industry regulations. Modify policies, procedures and systems as necessary.
- Use Google’s big data (and knack for the creative) to design metrics, solve problems, and affect executive decision-making.
- Influence executives and stakeholders to close gaps in control frameworks and to develop scalable solutions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional qualification: CIMA/ACA/ACCA.
- Experience with management or strategy consulting, with an Internet background and demonstrated legal interest/knowledge. Experience implementing projects, managing programs, and designing and implementing processes/controls.
- Background in, and familiarity with, system implementations (CRM, internal workflow, sales, etc), with the ability to surface and resolve conflicts diplomatically.
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity.
- Ability to take charge, motivate others, set objectives, lead by influence, and to drive results.
- Effective quantitative, written, editorial, and presentation skills; innovative, organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.