Abbott Business Excellence Specialist in Longford, Ireland
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) Longford
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005. The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We currently have a vacancy for a Business Excellence Specialist and this role will involve the following:
• Maintain ETMS TO DO LIST.
• Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well at the Abbott Global and Technical standards.
• Lead and mentor Lean Six Sigma (LSS) projects that will result in major process and cost improvements
• Develop and deliver Lean Six Sigma training to all levels of the organisation
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement and idea generation
• Work closely with the Business Excellence Manager to develop and communicate vision and strategy
• Contribute to Business Excellence (BEx) communication initiatives
• Share and garner best practices with Divisional Business Excellence and other Abbott Business Excellence teams
• Participate in internal and external benchmarking visits
• Pro-actively engage in site Operational Excellence Programmes/Benchmarks
Supervisory / Management Responsibility
• Works independently or Individual Contributor.
The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
• Bachelor of Science/Engineering/ Business
• Candidates will ideally have a Certified Green Belt or Black Belt
The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
• Three years post-graduate experience in a commercial health care Manufacturing environment
• Two years experience of people management/motivation or proven leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Track record in the execution and mentoring of LSS projects
• Report to the Business Excellence Manager
Visit Abbott at www.abbott.ie or www.abbott.com and connect with us on Twitter at @AbbottNews.
JOB FAMILY: Sales-Territorial Planning And Analysis
DIVISION: ADD Diagnostics
LOCATION: Ireland >Longford : Lisnamuck
WORK SHIFT: Ie - Shftpre0 (Ireland)
TRAVEL: Not specified
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Not Applicable
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.