Fairmont Catering & Events Executive in Makati, Philippines
Catering & Events Executive
Ensures exceptional operating results and guest satisfaction through outstanding interpersonal skills, engaging service and creativity.
Hotel Overview:This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, scheduled to open in late 2012, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Conference Services and Catering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To provide warm, sincere and engaging service at all times.
- Build rapport with the event planner in order to identify their needs and expectations, maintain a constant presence on the meeting floor, and anticipate/respond to any requests.
- Ensure a smooth and seamless wedding planner/guest experience, by communicating with all departments within the hotel.
- Review all appropriate documents (Group Resume, BEOs, etc) to familiarize with the wedding, in advance of meeting with customer on the floor.
- Be actively visible on the floor, and always accessible to the customer via phone/Nextel/radio.
- Use daily checklist (CSC standard) to ensure accuracy of wedding events, and adherence to Fairmont standards and BEO details. Every function room in use should be checked in advance of client arrival
- Partner with Banquet operations at beginning of shift, throughout shift, and at end of shift; to ensure consistent information sharing.
- Update Conference Services Managers throughout day on group status, any actions taken, and any necessary follow up needed.
- Attend pre-conference/event meetings with clients and summarize job responsibilities, contact information, and course of action in absence of Conference Concierge.
- Ensure guest/group experience while onsite, through personal interaction and attendance at wedding functions throughout the stay. Must be flexible to accommodate irregular and/or extended hours.
- Conduct any/all site inspections as required. Able to handle ‘walk-in’ inquiries.
- Attend necessary meetings within hotel that affect/are affected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events department.
- Manage function room keys for Wedding. Ensure function rooms are properly keyed and manage inventory of keys with event planner.
- Inspect VIP rooms, guest rooms, and/or hospitality suites.
- College degree in a related disciple required
- Minimum of four years experience in hotel catering and wedding planning
- Experience in the hospitality industry is an asset
- Fluent in English
- Educational and work testimonial
- Physically fit
- Neat and professional appearance
Visa Requirements:Must be eligible to work in the Philippines.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Philippines-Makati-Raffles Makati & Fairmont Makati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: VBB00689