Fairmont Chef De Partie - Banquets in Makati, Philippines
*Chef De Partie *
Assist the Executive Chef in exceeding guest satisfaction, financial, and employee satisfaction targets through supervision of his/her specified areas. Actively engages both culinary colleagues and guest to continually seek feedback to improve the butchery department. Establish and monitor all quality, consistency, safety, sanitation, and hygiene standards. Directly supervise the butcher culinary team.
This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, scheduled to open in late 2012, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Executive Chef or Designate, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises the function of the butchery to maximize the overall food & beverage departmental profit and exceed budgeted targets.
- Maintain quality and consistency levels of production.
- Consistently monitor all culinary expenses.
- Complete the scheduling of all colleagues, and ensure schedules are followed, and time sheets are accurate.
- Ensures all requisitioning and receiving standards are followed.
- Ensures waste is minimized through monitoring of ordering, par levels, production, and waste.
- Ensure culinary team productivity through organization, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Maintain and set sanitation, hygiene, and safety standards.
- Ensures the culinary areas have established current standardized recipes that are utilized and followed by all culinary team members.
- Ensures weekly butcher tests are completed
- Ensures perpetual inventory quantities are recorded and monitored
- Attends and contributes to all meetings called for.
- Other duties and responsibilities as dictated by the culinary leadership of the hotel, not mentioned in this document.
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Fluent in English is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the Philippines
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavor to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Philippines-Makati-Raffles Makati & Fairmont Makati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: VBB00692